Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Ideally, the Atlas would help users keep their sites up to date by sending out notifications when (or before) a marker begins fading.
As an implementer of OpenMRS, I create a marker on the Atlas for my site, including my email address. At least a month before my marker fades (e.g., 11 months later), I get an email like this:
The marker for "Acme, Inc" on the OpenMRS Atlas has not been updated in nearly a year. After a year, markers on the OpenMRS Atlas begin fading to show their age. Act now to prevent your site's marker from fading.
You can address this in 30 seconds or less...
Has anything changed in the past year?
No changes but still active?
Is someone else managing the site now?
No longer active? No action needed. Just let your marker fade.
Want to remove your site from the OpenMRS Atlas?
If you have any questions or concerns about the OpenMRS Atlas, feel free to .
Don't want these notifications?
- Add email capability to the server. Any authentication details needed for SMTP should be configured via environment variables.
- A database change and possibly UI changes will be needed to track users who have opted out of notifications and to allow users the option to provide their email without displaying it in the Atlas (i.e., users should not be forced to choose between getting notifications or making their email address public on the Atlas).
- The notification system should not assume it will always be a single owner to be notified (i.e., if/when
ATLAS-166is implemented, we would notify all owners)
- The transfer ownership option would obviously depend on ATLAS-167
- Ideally, a new notification could be sent each time the marker fades (e.g., at 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months)