Currently the EMR API module contains some utility methods for importing and testing MDS packages, at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-emrapi/blob/master/api/src/main/java/org/openmrs/module/emrapi/utils/MetadataUtil.java
However these utility methods belong in the Metadata Sharing module.
In this ticket:
- Work with Rafal Korytkowski to determine the correct location and naming of the utility class and methods once they are moved to the Metadata Sharing module.
- Ensure there is a ticket in the META project in JIRA to represent adding this functionality to the metadatasharing module, linked to this ticket about removing it from the emrapi module.
- Move the class, methods, and tests
- Work with any consumers of these functions to ensure their downstream code is updated.
- Search on github for calls to these methods
- Specifically, update Mark Goodrich about this so PIH can update their code.
- Remove the dependency (in config.xml and pom.xml) of the EMR API module on the Metadata Sharing module