We do use supybot for various different IRC actions, including parsing some RSS from JIRA and Wiki into IRC.
We have a little bit of info here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/ISM/OpenMRSBot+IRC+Bots
What happens is that we need to:
0) Discover what are all the things supybot is configured to do and document it (config file attached)
1) Migrate to Limnoria (as supybot is dead) : https://github.com/Supybot/Supybot
2) Create a docker image, or use one available in Dockerhub if suitable: https://hub.docker.com/r/dpyro/docker-limnoria/
3) Follow https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/ISM/How+to+deploy+a+new+application+to+our+infrastructure to create the docker-compose file for the bot, with all required configurations
4) For infra: deploy to docker hosts in jetstream
It's important to test the bots using a different IRC channel and IRC user, to not disturb the production one.