Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Registration App
Due to the varying needs and constraints of different implementing organizations, and the fact that many biometric SDKs require proprietary licenses, it is necessary to abstract away the actual implementation of the biometric matching and enrollment functionality.
An interface and configurable implementation of that interface should be added that will enable different groups to supply their own biometric engine, which leveraging common functionality within the registration application.
This functionality needs to include the following at minimum:
- Get Engine Status (enabled, disabled, status messages)
- Enroll Biometric data with a unique identifier
- Lookup existing Biometric data for a given unique identifier
- Delete existing Biometric data for a given unique identifier
- Update the unique identifier for an existing Biometric data enrollment
- Update an existing Biometric data for a given unique identifier
- Search for matches of existing Biometric data, given a sample Biometric data
The registrationcore module may be a good place for this functionality, as it can be utilized by the registrationapp module, but also would be available to leverage by other registration modules.