Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: OpenMRS 2.1
Epic Name:Can upgrade OpenMRS 2.0 to 2.1
We need to define the process for upgrading OpenMRS 2.0 to OpenMRS 2.1.
- The first step is to take an OpenMRS 2.0 standalone, add some data, upgrade the WAR and modules to OpenMRS 2.1 and create tickets under this epic for any issues that arise during the upgrade process.
We do not need an enterprise upgrade process from 1.9 to 2.1. This will come with OpenMRS 2.2 (i.e., path from enterprise 1.9 to OpenMRS 2.2).
We want to do this once now, and once right before release, to ensure no new issues have snuck in.
- Download the OpenMRS 2.0 standalone
- Run it, and create some test data
- Stop the standalone
- Download or build the latest 1.10.x WAR
- replace the openmrs.war in your standalone with this
- Download the openmrs-2.x-modules-zip artifact from the latest build of https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/REFAPP-OMODDISTRO-2376/artifact
- delete all modules in your standalone, and put the contents of this ZIP in that folder instead
- Run the standalone again, ensure that:
- it starts correctly, and the logs contain no messages about modules failing to start, or metadata sharing packages failing to load
- the test data you originally created still looks right
- make sure you can create, edit, and delete an allergy (i.e. new functionality is working)