Goal: We want an automated test case that will give users confidence that the Search & Registration workflow is working as expected.
Steps in this test include:
- Log in as an admin.
- Click on the find patient record app.
- Search for a patient using a name or unique identifier. Sample data is provided below:
Scenario Name Unique Identifier Expectation No Match Andria Faiza 1000MJK Proceed to step 4 There is a match Use an existing patient name Use an existing patient ID that matches the name The test stops.
If no match, click on the registration app.
Register the patient.
Scenario Registration details Successful registration Given name: Andria
Family name: Faiza
Birth Date: 28th March 1990
Phone number: +211 34 567890
Unsuccessful registration Given name: leave blank
Family name: Mwangi
Adress: leave blank
City: leave blank
State: leave blank
Country: leave blank
Postal code:leave blank
Phone number: leave blank
successful registration Unidentified patient Gender: male
Check in the patient for a visit by starting a visit.
Expected results: If the patient exists a match is displayed in a tabular format. If no match exists and the patient is registered, the patient dashboard is displayed.
To complete this task, you will need to do the following within https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework:
- Create Feature File in the correct location here: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework/tree/master/src/test/resources/features
- Create Page: Follow sample page files at https://wiki.openmrs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235277297
- Write Steps in Gherkin (Guidance here: https://cucumber.io/docs/gherkin/reference/)
- Complete the test in Selenium using the OMRS QA Framework
- Add a "Search and Registration" test status pill to the QA Framework Repo README under the 2.x RefApp section, like this: