Goal: An automated test case that verifies the report module is working and pulling data from the database.
Note: We will be using legacy UI to run reports not referenceapplication because report app is no longer working even though its configured under manage apps, its still not working as expected.
Pre-requisite: Add the following simple listing reports:
- Number of Patient Registrations
- Number of Visits
Steps in this test include:
- Log in as an admin.
- Click on the reports app.
- Run a report.
Expected results: The application displays the reports in graphical and excel format.
To complete this task, you will need to do the following within https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework:
- Create Feature File in the correct location here: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework/tree/master/src/test/resources/features
- Create Page: Follow sample page files at https://wiki.openmrs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235277297
- Write Steps in Gherkin (Guidance here: https://cucumber.io/docs/gherkin/reference/)
- Complete the test in Selenium using the OMRS QA Framework.
- Add a "Reports" test status pill to the QA Framework Repo README under the 2.x RefApp section, like this: