The REST endpoint for the User CRUD operation: UserResource - .../openmrs/ws/rest/v1/user
It's used by OpenMRS REST clients like system admin OWA UI - the Manage account page - to save modified User data.
When UserResource is used to save an existing user, the currently authenticated user will have selected login location cleared. Resulting in following flow: change user information, get asked again about login location, go back to manage account, repeat.
- Go to: https://demo.openmrs.org/openmrs/
- Login as admin, any location
- Go to system administration
- Go to Manage Accounts
- Open edit for John Smith
- Open edit for User details
- Optionally change anything, but most UIs won't check for changes
- Click save.
- Depending on what UI you have:
- you may be immediately redirected to the location selection screen
- click on Manage Accounts breadcrumb and get redirected to login screen