(ticket description written by djazayeri)
There is something wrong at the intersection of core module versions, bundled modules, and the initialization wizard.
According to James, the way to reproduce this should be:
- Run 1.8.3, using the version of logic that comes bundled with it.
- Upload a newer version of the logic module (0.5.2) via the web interface.
- Restart tomcat.
- At this point, OpenMRS startup should fail, asking you to upload the logic module
- TO DO: investigate why OpenMRS isn't seeing/accepting the new Logic version (0.5.2) at this point.
- If you upload logic 0.5.2, it's rejected
- TO DO: investigate why it's rejected at this point. (Probably the same answer as the previous TO DO)
- TO DO: check whether this has caused multiple versions of logic in the .OpenMRS/modules folder. Determine if we should really be deleting some of them; or maybe this will happen automatically once we recognize 0.5.2 as being > 0.5.
- If you then upload logic 0.5.0.1, things should start up, with logic 0.5.2 running, and multiple logic omods in the modules folder.